The Biotin Synthesis
Our biotin supplement contains purified biotin made through a synthesis reaction. The process begins with cyclic acid’s conversion to lactone, which is then converted to dibenzyl biotin and rinsed with ethanol to create a crude form of biotin. The crude biotin is further purified, washed with deionized water, and dried to create the final biotin found in our capsules. Our manufacturer, Arizona Nutritional Supplements (ANS), receives the ingredient as a powder to be used as the active ingredient in our product.
Xinchang County, Zhejiang, China
Meet Our Manufacturer
We chose our manufacturer, Arizona Nutritional Supplements (ANS), because of their 20 years of experience in the world of vitamins and dietary supplements. Located in Chandler, Arizona, ANS is known for their high quality standards and thorough evaluation of products and ingredients at every stage. From raw materials to finished goods, their rigorous program ensures that you receive a high-quality, unadulterated product that you feel good about taking.
Located in Chandler, AZ
We know it’s important to offer a transparent view into the product you’re consuming. The active ingredient is biotin sourced from Xinchang County, Zhejiang, China. Other ingredients in the supplement are designed to keep the blend consistent, prevent caking, and support the encapsulation process. Our biotin supplement does not contain allergens, and the equipment used to make the product is cleaned and assessed prior to each use.
Active ingredient created through a synthesis reaction. From Xinchang County, Zhejiang, China.
Ensures each capsule is consistently filled. From Brazil.
See all ingredients
Vegetable Capsule (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose)
Holds, seals, and protects the formula. From USA.
Prevents the formula from caking and sticking to the manufacturing equipment. From Baltimore, Maryland.
Still have questions?
- Does this supplement contain allergens?
- No, this product does not contain allergens, including gluten or soy. The equipment used to make the product is also cleaned and assessed prior to use to verify the prevention of allergens and cross contamination.
See all questions and answers
- Is this supplement gluten-free?
- Yes. Gluten is not used in the formulation or creation of this product. As an additional precaution, we also test the product for the presence of gluten to ensure that it has not been cross contaminated.
- Is the capsule made from animal gelatin?
- No. No animal products are used to create this product.
- Is this supplement vegan?
- What is the difference between a supplement in a capsule and a tablet?
- A capsule is used as the vessel to hold a powdered supplement formulation. The formulation remains a powder inside the capsule, whereas in a tablet, the formulation is compressed.
- What is silicon dioxide? Why is it added to the supplement?
- Silicon dioxide is a chemical compound most commonly found in quartz and living organisms. It is used to prevent the supplement formula from caking and sticking to manufacturing equipment.
- What is microcrystalline cellulose? Why is it added to the supplement?
- Microcrystalline cellulose is a refined wood pulp. It is used to prevent the supplement formula from caking to ensure that each capsule is consistently filled.
- Where is the product made?
- The product is made in Arizona, USA, by Arizona Nutritional Supplements (ANS).
- Why does the label say this is a product of China but also that it’s made in the US with US and imported ingredients?
- This supplement was manufactured in the USA at Arizona Nutritional Supplements with an active ingredient (biotin) imported from China, plus non-active ingredients sourced from the US (the vegetable capsule and an anti-caking agent) and other countries. You can learn more about the ingredients in our Amazon Elements supplements under the Ingredient Origins portion of the detail page.
- Who tests the supplement?
- We use the ANS state-of-the-art facility as well as ISO accredited third-party labs to validate the potency, purity, and integrity of our products. Each lab is responsible for performing different tests.
- How long are supplements potent?
- Supplements degrade naturally over time at varying rates. We test potency after each production and include those results on the Certificate of Analysis. This means that the potency for your bottle may be lower than appears on the Certificate of Analysis depending on its age. To ensure you get the most from our product, we designed our shelf-life to account for this.
- Is this the certificate of analysis for my supplement?
- The certificate of analysis on this page is from our latest batch of product. You can access the certificate for your supplement by scanning the barcode on the bottle. Simply open the Amazon mobile app, click the camera icon in the search bar, and scan your bottle’s barcode.
- How did you verify the safety and quality of this product?
- We developed a robust program that includes testing the raw materials and finished products for integrity (microbial, heavy metal, and chemical), purity (identity and authenticity), and potency (concentration of ingredients) to ensure their safety and quality.
- How did you establish the safety and quality standards for this product?
- Amazon Elements quality standards are based on industry practices, state and federal guidelines, and consultation with scientific research and analysis, in addition to risk assessment of the raw materials, products, and manufacturing facility.
- How do I access the certificate of analysis for my bottle?
- This can be accessed through the code located on the front of your bottle. Simply open the Amazon mobile app, tap the camera icon in the search bar, and scan the barcode on your bottle.
- I took this supplement and now I feel sick. What should I do?
- Please contact your health care practitioner. You can also call our customer service at 877-485-0385 or send a letter to the address listed on the bottle to report any adverse event you experienced as a result of taking this supplement.
Once-daily vegan biotin supplement
– Does not contain allergens, artificial colors and flavors, chemical preservatives, gluten, or soy
– Discover the certificate of analysis for your vitamins by scanning the code on the bottle
– Made in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility in the USA
– An Amazon brand